In just 5 days, Project Peace 2017 begins. Oh my... I can't wait but I'm a little nervous as well. So many things to finish getting in place. I keep telling myself... peeeeaaacccce but I would be fibbing if I said I'm completely calm. Why is it that when we find ourselves a wee bit stressed or overwhelmed, we give up the things that help us cope with these emotions? I suppose that's what Project Peace is all about. Learning to say "yes" to peace. So, instead of cancelling my spot in tonight's yoga class, I won't. You'll find me on my mat.
Say YES to peace!
As we approach December 1, I'm calling on all of you to help. I need your assistance spreading the word. This year, I decided to support 3 non-profit organizations with a large portion of the proceeds from the pattern sales. I kept the cost of the pattern low (only $3) in the hopes that it would be that much more enticing to people. We need about 150 more people to say "yes to peace" by purchasing the pattern. That will bring us to 1000 people!
I picked the organizations because I feel strongly about developing long-term strategies to create a healthy future for the people of the world AND the place we call home. So, I picked a school, Camino de Paz, that teaches kids how to farm, a program, The Wilderness Awareness School, that connects people with nature, and an international organization, Every Mother Counts, that works to reduce maternal deaths during childbirth.
How can you help?
- This year's pattern name is "Project Peace 2017." You can find the pattern details on Ravelry.
- On the pattern page, you can "add to favorites," place in your queue, and start a project. All of these activities help with the Ravelry algorithms and bring the pattern to the top of the "what's hot" list.
- Let's say you don't have time to knit the pattern right now. I get that. Believe me I do. Consider purchasing the pattern to support these causes and knit it later.
- Not interested in this specific pattern? Follow along this December on the blog and support our efforts to spread peace with just a simple $3 purchase, even if you knit something else.
- Want to do just a little more? Perhaps you might "gift" the pattern to someone. There's a button on the pattern page to do so.
- Some people have asked me how they can give more than $3, follow the links above for the specific organizations and donate more.
- Don't have $3 to spend, how about sharing the information with someone that does?
Just think, if each person receiving this email were to purchase the pattern and then gift the pattern think of the donation we'd be able to achieve! Click here to purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
Project Peace 2017 plans...
I'll be sending an email each day from December 1-21 with a link to the current blog post. There will be a few guest posts, some knitting and non-knitting related activities, a couple of gifts and special coupons for everyone, a give-away (or two) and some thought provoking prompts to provide an opportunity for reflection. You won't want to miss out on this opportunity to incorporate peaceful tips and strategies into your life.
And don't forget about December 21, Worldwide Knit-in for Peace Day. Start planning now...perhaps you want to knit for peace in solitude or with some dear friends, or host a knit-in at your local yarn store or library. Let's try to get global representation. I've already heard from Antarctica and they are IN! Here's the link to pin your location for this year's Worldwide Knit-in for Peace Day.
And several of you have asked about the availability of this year's limited edition Project Peace bags. I expect them to be ready to order about 12/7. More details on this to follow.
I can't tell you how excited I am to be on this journey with all of you.
Peace, stitch by stitch... Let's knit some peace this December!